I had a question today from one of our partners about the process when Jump customers move to a new address. I thought this might be a good opportunity to remind all partners.
Here it is in a nutshell:
- Use the address checker to confirm that the customer is moving to an address with Jump coverage.
- If so, ask your customer to contact the Skinny Care Team on 0800 475 4669 and inform them of the new address.
- The customer can then unplug their modem and take it to their new address.
- If customers move their modems to a new address without notifying the Skinny Care Team, they could find their modem gets blocked, as this is a breach of the conditions of use.
- If their new address does not have Skinny Jump coverage, then the modem should be returned to the nearest Jump partner for resetting and assigning to a new Jump family, or the customer is welcome to contact the Skinny Care Team and request a pre-paid return courier bag.
- What they should not do, is just walk out the door and leave their Jump modem behind for the next tenant.
- Transferring to another family member can also be problematic, as the modem is linked to the original user’s email and any new user would require access to this email and the password in order to top up the account and purchase new data plans. So it is much better for the modem to be returned and reset (or if it is unsuitable for reuse, it will be responsibly recycled). The family member is welcome to apply for a new modem using their own email and password (assuming of course that they meet the eligibility criteria).