We have experienced problems with returned modems not being correctly re-set. This has surfaced because partners try to re-issue a modem but find it is already assigned to a Skinny account. The reset process is supposed to both de-link the modem from the original account and add a new $10/30GB, so the modem is ready for re-issue.
But even when this happens correctly, partners are often faced with incomplete equipment returns. Typically, the user manual and packaging are missing as well as the yellow ethernet cable.
The Spark Foundation does not want Spark Jump families feeling they are getting secondhand equipment, especially without the packaging or with parts missing. The Foundation has therefore decided to recall all returned equipment for refurbishment and/or repair. Equipment suitable for re-use will then be supplied as new equipment in a new box, complete with all accessories. These will not be returned directly to the delivery partner, but will be distributed with other new equipment. The big advantage of this process is that when the modems arrive, partners can have confidence that they are ready for re-issue.
So, what do partners need to do when they receive a returned modem?
- Complete the online form for returned modems here. Please use your physical site address (not a PO Box). This online form was previously used for faulty modems, but has now been upgraded to cover all returns. Partners can also link to this from their Spark Jump Google registers by clicking on cell F2 (‘Returned Modems’).
- This will result in a prepaid pre-addressed courier envelope being sent to the partner.
- Simply insert the returned modem with any packaging and accessories and call the courier company to collect.
- That’s it. It is unlikely you will ever see this particular modem again, but if you do, you can be confident it be the same as new one.
- Our Spark Jump support team also receives a copy of the online form and will redline (shade red) the Google register entry. This means the modem has been withdrawn and is being sent for refurbishment/repair.
- If a courier bag does not arrive within 7-10 days, please contact our support team on 0800 463 422.