The Spark team is planning a less-confusing approach for handling modem returns, whether these are faulty modems or modems that are returned to delivery partners because they are no longer required. From 1 April 2020, some new processes will be implemented, including the handling of returned modems. In the meantime our advice is:
- Any faulty or returned modem is set aside; we recommend you use one of boxes that the modems arrive in as a “modems return” box.
- When you have 5 or 6 modems awaiting return please contact Shelley (0800 463 422 or email email@example.com).
- Shelley will send you a Post Haste courier sticker and address label for Sims Recycling.
- Alternatively, you are welcome to courier the returned modems directly to:
Sims E-cycling (NZ) Ltd 69 Aintree Avenue Mangere AUCKLAND 2022 Phone 09 275 1501 Attention: Robert Herbert
5. The only exception is when you strike a problem setting up the modem; in this instance you should call Skinny (0800 475 4669) for advice. They may be able to re-set immediately, so that you can continue with the set up.
The original approach with returned modems was to try and reset them remotely so that they could be re-issued to a new customer. This has proved to be administratively too difficult and the costs of repair (including courier costs and staff time) have quickly exceeded the value of a replacement modem. The JUMP modems currently being supplied are refurbished ones, so they are already on a second life. Spark is therefore recommending the above approach as a more efficient process for everyone involved, including delivery partners.